From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 5:38 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Connecting to GTOCP5 via WIFI

Hi David,

I’m somewhat new to this forum (a lurker) but may be able to help.  I just upgraded

the software for my GTOCP5 and checked all communication functionality (serial, ethernet, wifi)

both with the laptop (Windows 10) and through APCC-pro.  Here’s what worked for me for the wifi.

  1. Power up laptop and GTOCP5

  2. On my laptop, double click on the wireless icon.

     This brings up the available networks.  I find one network GTOCP5_NET_xx (xx is a number)

  3. I then select the GTOCP5_NET_xx  I click “connect” which connects to the GTOCP5_NET_xx network

     with the statement “No Internet, secured”

     NB:  I do not find the mount until I perform the 3rd step.

  4. I can then run the application FindMounts_VFM-01-03 (comes with the new software from the AP site).

     The application returns the above network and the IP address for GTOCP5 via wireless (note that the

     wireless IP address is different than the ethernet IP address).

  5. Run APCC-pro, type in the above wireless IP address, connect the mount and I’m off to the races.

Hope this helps,

Rick

On Dec 10, 2020, at 15:15, davidcfinch9 via groups.io <DF121819@...> wrote:

I hate to say it, but this is all "as clear as mud."

What do you mean when you say, "When you connect the GTOCP5 to a network"? Does that mean when I plug the CP5 into a power supply, with no ethernet connection? Everything works great when I am interacting with the ethernet. What factory default IP address are you referring to if I am not plugged into a network? I KNOW my GTOCP5 IP address, but when I put that in my browser, nothing works. None of the suggested URLs worked. Every one of the pings returned a "no known device" message. It is interesting that the APCC "auto-discovery" (when connected via ethernet) shows only one line that starts out with GTOCP4 (yes-four), then my known ip address and ends with GTOCP5_Net_85. When I plug that into the browser, I come up with some German text.

If there is no simple solution to all this I will just continue to use ethernet. It works great, but i was hoping to eliminate a cable connection.

Regards,

David