From: michaeljhanson@...
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Dec 10, 2020 1:46 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Connecting to GTOCP5 via WIFI

Hi David,

When you connect the GTOCP5 to a network, your router assigns the IP address.  The factory default IP address will be active if you are not plugged into a network.  From the browser URL, just try the host name "GTOCP5_85", or "GTOCP5-85".  If that doesn't work try "http://GTOCP5_85"  or "http://GTOCP5-85".  If that doesn't work, open a command (DOS) window and ping to it, "ping GTOCP5_85" or "ping GTOCP5-85" and see if that will locate it.  If all else fails, there are a couple utilities available at https://astro-physics.info/index.htm?tech_support/tech_support.  You can use FindMounts (auto-discovery on the network), or you can run "WiFi Poll for GTOCP4 or GTOCP5 for Ethernet" to query for the IP address over serial.  If you use APCC, APCC also has auto-discovery.

Most DHCP servers in routers try to keep assigning the same IP address to the same equipment, so you should not need to discover the IP address each time.  If you still have trouble, please contact us directly, we'd be happy to help.  The advantage of putting the equipment on your network is that you don't need to give up your device/PC internet connectivity to interact with the mount.

Once you can interact with the GTOCP5 with serial, USB, or Ethernet, it will be easier to help you with the WiFi.

Regards,

Mike Hanson