Re: Upgrade Scope Suggestions for Imaging

Bruce Donzanti

Thanks for your input, Gary.....appreciate the suggestion.  I will check it out.

Bruce

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 10:47 PM Gary Steffens via groups.io <gwsteffens=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bruce, another suggestion would be the Astro-Tech/TPO/GSO 14" RC OTA. I have the 16" version. It has excellent optics and the truss design is very stable and strong. The focuser that comes with it is only good for visual use so you would need to get a better one for imaging. I have the Feather Touch focuser which works great.
Yes, it isn't a Planewave and I can't speak to its advantages, but I'm very happy with my setup and I get great images.
Cheers,
Gary