Upgrade Scope Suggestions for Imaging

Bruce Donzanti

I currently use a C11" EdgeHD with an 80mm Stellarvue APO triplet piggybacked onto it in my observatory.  The C11 sits on an AP1100 mount which is on an adjustable Pier Tech steel pier sitting on a cement pier which runs several feet underground up to the observatory.  So, the C11 is essentially 10 feet above the observatory floor.  However, I have grown weary of constant mirror shifting and flopping issues.  While I intend to keep it and fix the problem, I want to explore possible scope upgrades from the C11" EdgeHD despite it being very popular and producing great images.  My skies are Bortle 6 with average seeing.  I'd appreciate any suggestions, not going above $10k.