Re: Refractor on top of OTA ok? AP 1100 GTO Mount

David Enck

Ok, thanks George, that helps narrow my options!

David

On Dec 2, 2020, at 12:52 PM, George <george@...> wrote:

David,

I do not recommend it due to the enormous moment arm.   Sticking the 20 lb. refractor on top, way out from the center of gravity is like adding 40-50 lb.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.