Re: Can't Connect To CP4

Roland Christen

I doubt that it is the CP4 that's the problem. I have alerted our software guys and they should be able to help you out.

I also sometimes cannot connect my laptop to my scope via Ethernet. In some cases cycling power on the CP4 allows the laptop to "find" the new connection and then i can connect. It seems the software in my laptop gives up after a couple of tries and won't find any Ethernet connections until i do the power cycle.

From: kendunc@...
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Nov 30, 2020 9:20 am
Subject: [ap-gto] Can't Connect To CP4

Hello all,
I am in the process of setting up a new 1100. I have tried to connect to the CP4 with APCC pro with no luck. This is with a direct Ethernet connection between computer and CP4.
I have tried connecting with Ethernet via web browser and can't connect to the CP4. I used the math method of appendix C of the CP4 manual to determine the address for the CP4.
I also used a AP provided web site where you enter the serial # and it gives you the address for the box. Both methods give the same address.
I have used multiple Ethernet cables. All equipment is new. I am now thinking that possibly the new CP4 is defective.
Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks, Kenneth Duncan