Can't Connect To CP4

kendunc@...

Hello all,
I am in the process of setting up a new 1100. I have tried to connect to the CP4 with APCC pro with no luck. This is with a direct Ethernet connection between computer and CP4.
I have tried connecting with Ethernet via web browser and can't connect to the CP4. I used the math method of appendix C of the CP4 manual to determine the address for the CP4.
I also used a AP provided web site where you enter the serial # and it gives you the address for the box. Both methods give the same address.
I have used multiple Ethernet cables. All equipment is new. I am now thinking that possibly the new CP4 is defective.
Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks, Kenneth Duncan