Re: Do NOT use ASCOM Platform v. 6.5 with APCC Pro #APCC #ASCOM_V2_Driver

Ray Gralak

Ray had noted that we should use v6.5SP1 but Karen’s email references v6.4SP1.

Should we not use any version of 6.5 at this time?
Some clarification:

1) ASCOM Platform v6.4SP1 is okay to still use.

2) ASCOM Platform v6.5 had a serious bug in the Transform class that would cause APPM to produce bad models.

3) You can now *optionally* upgrade to ASCOM Platform v6.5SP1 because it has been released.

However, I just noticed when hovering over the link for v6.5SP1 on the ASCOM web site that it is RC1 (release candidate 1). It is not the official release as I had thought, but it is the default choice now on the web site. That explains why I didn't see an announcement.

So, it is okay to stay with v6.4SP1. If you want to upgrade to v6.5SP1 (RC1), that is okay too. Here is the link:

https://www.ascom-standards.org (click the "Download" button on the right side of the web page)

I am sorry this has been so confusing. The ASCOM naming convention is not helping.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

Ray had noted that we should use v6.5SP1 but Karen’s email references v6.4SP1.

Should we not use any version of 6.5 at this time?

On Nov 27, 2020, at 1:51 PM, Karen Christen <karen@astro-physics.com> wrote:

I’ve also un-pinned this thread from the top of the Messages list on the ap-gto Groups.io group. That was
probably misleading, as well.

Karen

AP