Re: 900 mount spurious RA motor slewing and stall

Ken Sablinsky

Thanks Jeff and Roland for the info.

Roland, looks like I'll have to call George on Monday.  I performed your test of placing the RA cable to the Dec motor - at first it looked like it was the cable, but later trying the Dec cable on the RA motor, it popped back up again.  So I thought perhaps it was the bottom part of the Y-cable at fault, so I pulled out my old shorter Y-cable from my original CP2 box, and the same runaway RA movement occurs.  So either I've got two bad Y cables, or it's something more going on.

Thanks for your help in troubleshooting this for me.

-Ken