Re: 140/155 4” Field Flatteners

dvjbaja

Yep, T-ripper is good to process 1000 mosaic tiles done with 16803.

-jg

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 5:43 PM Dale Ghent <daleg@...> wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2020, at 19:46, dvjbaja <jpgleasonid@...> wrote:
>
> Yep, the 67 flatteners that came with my 155 f/7 and 180 f/7 create a lovely 100mm image circle with minimum vignetting and great sharpness across the entire circle.

End-game for me is a 155/7, so this is good to know!

> A large array for that full coverage will be quite expensive, not to mention the cost of narrowband filters.   Smaller arrays work just fine for mosaics at a fraction of the cost.  Just say'n.   Oh and don't forget the PC requirements to handle stacks and stacks of 150 mp files.

That's why the silicon gods granted us ThreadRipper! TRs help immensely even with the 60mp images of the IMX455 cameras. I'm waiting semi-patiently for AMD to sort out the supply of the new generation of ThreadRipper so I can return to doing things like local normalization and even 2x drizzling in PI and not have to wait half a lifetime for those processes to complete.

/dale