Re: 130 EDF Starfire Field Flatteners

Bill Long

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Mike Dodd <mike@...>
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 11:09 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] 130 EDF Starfire Field Flatteners

On 11/27/2020 1:14 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io wrote:
> Most likely our standard GT/GTX flatteners will work on TMB scopes.
> However, these flatteners require the Feathertouch 3.5" focuser with our
> AP dovetail adapter. It might be difficult to cobble together a suitable
> adapter for your scope.

Thanks, Roland. I have a Feather Touch 3545 focuser, which I believe is
3.5". On the camera end of it is what my documents say is a "Starlight
Instruments AP End Cap" that accepts an AP A1008 2" threaded extension tube.

I didn't find a dovetail adapter on the AP website that looks like it
threads onto an FT 3.5" focuser. But if the adapter you're referring to
does so, it sounds like I could use a GT/GTX flattener without much
cobbling.

Can you give me the part number for the dovetail adapter? What size/type
threads are on the camera side of the flattener?

Thanks again.

--- Mike