Re: second attempt: meridian management with mach2 please...help

Andrea Lucchetti

Thank you Ray

>assuming I understand why you want the scope to avoid the meridian?
that was confusing sorry, a mix of language barrier and poor understanding of the meridian logic.
I think I have all the elements to make some experiments now.

Thanks a lot
Andrea

Il giorno mer 25 nov 2020 alle ore 18:16 Ray Gralak <groups3@...> ha scritto:
Hi Andrea,

> So my question was directed to understand better the connection between
> settings in AE tab and MERIDIAN tab, if they are the same and which is better.

Yes, that is true, but there is only one set of limits in the mount, so when a pier flip is issued, the limits will get reprogrammed for the destination pier-side and declination. During the pier flip, the scope can potentially point close to the meridian.

So, if you are trying to prevent a possible pier collision near the meridian, I don't think the limits can necessarily prevent that. There might have to be a multipoint slew algorithm developed, assuming I understand why you want the scope to avoid the meridian?

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro