From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joe Zeglinski
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2020 9:54 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] How to keep APCC Tracking OFF ?

Ray, sorry about my not being clear.

What I meant to say is that after I managed to kill the tracking by rapidly going to the “Toggle Tracking” button, it
would eventually toggle itself back on, for some reason, EVERY time I clicked the GOTO button, beside my saved
AZ/ALT coordinates, in the GoTo/ReCal tab. That happened, even while the mount was NOT tracking at the time. I
wasn’t aware that all GOTO’s automatically re-activate tracking.

That is not to say that I don’t appreciate such a shortcut. I almost never operate the mount in “non-astronomical
mode”, so triggering tracking lest I should forget to activate it myself, is a nice thing. I will just have to remember your
earlier posted instructions on disabling this feature, on those rare circumstances when I need the mount to act like a
theodolite.

In between my turning off the tracking, I was using the MOVE SCOPE section’s direction keys - rather than
attaching my Hand Pad - to adjust my camera pointing at my chosen “land target”. Then, when I wanted to move it
back to its original target starting point AZ/ALT coordinates, the GOTO beside the AZ/ALT box, made the CP4 jump
back into Sidereal tracking mode.
Trying to get the mount to stand still for that session, became a cat & mouse game between that GOTO and the
TOGGLE TRACKING button.

Meanwhile ....
Yes, I do need to update my APCC PRO software, as well as the CP4 on my AP-1200.
I noticed an APCC box saying I needed to Update my “Firmware”. Thinking it wasn’t urgent, I was putting that off a
bit, until the new firmware and manual, which everybody had been talking about, had finally been officially released.
I wasn’t certain whether that major Firmware update was for everybody’s CP4 & CP5, or was just meant for the CP5
and the Mach-2 mount.
I’ll get on that task this week.

Joe Z.