From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joe Zeglinski
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2020 2:11 PM
To: ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] How to keep APCC Tracking OFF ?

Hi,
similar to the (sometimes undesirable) automatic Tracking hassle on APCC start up, I dislike the fact that ANY
GOTO command automatically turns Sidereal Tracking back on.

Recently, I was doing some camera check out, focussing on a distant condo construction crane. Once, after
clicking the TOGGLE Tracking button (off) I got the target in my scope sites, painstakingly using the direction slew
buttons. However, if I adjusted the target, and needed to go back to the saved RA/AZ coordinates, that GOTO button
in that tab, suddenly turned Sidereal Tracking back on. It was a constant battle to do a “saved” ALT/AZ GOTO, and
quickly toggle the Tracking, before the mount drifted away from my set target.
Uncomplimentary words were said to APCC !!!

Am I missing something? Is there a setting to keep the tracking off? I tried to set the tracking to NONE, but the next
GOTO still flipped it back on again.
There are other times where I would like Tracking not to interfere – one time I was trying to construct an APCC
Horizon Limits plot. There may be other circumstances, where I want total manual control of the mount, via the APCC
rather than a Hand Pad.

How do I kill all APCC Tracking, until I specifically re-enable that feature?

Joe Z.