Re: Preventing tracking on power up?

Ray Gralak

> When I turn the power on, apcc is not started.

> I need to open it and then it automatically connects.

> Then tracking starts.

> I searched everywhere in apcc and could not find anything to stop this from happening.

The reason why tracking starts is that the mount itself starts tracking when unparked.

So if you are initializing the mount from APCC:

1)    In “Settings->Edit Mount Intialization Settings”, you can set “Unpark from: “ to “Don’t Unpark”. You would then need to unpark later when ready, which will automatically start tracking unless you have the next option selected.

2)    In “Settings->Edit Mount Intialization Settings”, you can enable “Set Tracking Rate” and set it to “Zero”. This will unpark the mount, which starts the mount tracking, then APCC immediately issues a command to stop tracking.

3)    After initialization, if you later park the mount and unpark it, the mount will start tracking unless you enable “Stop Tracking after unparking” on APCC’s Park tab.

For reference here is a screenshot of those three options:

-Ray Gralak

Author of PEMPro

Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://www.astro-physics.com/apcc-pro

Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://www.siriusimaging.com/apdriver

> -----Original Message-----

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Blahovici

> Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2020 1:45 PM

> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Preventing tracking on power up?

>

> Hi

> When I turn the power on, apcc is not started. I need to open it and then it automatically connects. Then tracking

> starts.

> I searched everywhere in apcc and could not find anything to stop this from happening. I may have missed it though. I

> will check the hand controller. I guess I don't really need it anymore.

> Snowing now, so the next opportunity I will check the hand controller.

> Thanks, Tom

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.