From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christopher Erickson
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 3:59 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Dim hand controller keys #Keypad

The AP hand controllers are a standard, custom programmable, industrial grade, tough, hand controller designed for controlling big industeial machinery. They have a special display that is good to -40F/C. Very nice! AP loads the controllers with their own custom keyboard membrane, firmware, red display lens and coiled cable and connector. I don't think AP has any control over the keypad back lighting intensity. I could be wrong. I use a HotechUSA astro-Aimer flashlight with UV LED's for recharging the glow of the keypad. Or I might use a Nebo Mycro HL20H red LED headlamp to help with seeing the buttons. If you end up using the keypad a lot, you will get used to the button locations quickly and not need any additional lighting.

If I am doing a lot of solar work, I take the red lens out of the AP display so it becomes easy to read in daylight.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020, 12:59 PM Terri Zittritsch <theresamarie11@...> wrote:

Hey Frank, I've called AP about this as I thought it was a defect as well (on a new keypad).   The response I received is that the keys are glow in the dark if they're charged a bit beforehand.    I haven't noticed this yet (glow in the dark) and am probably leaning towards having to memorize and/or just use my headlight.   It is a bit inconvenient and a bit of a design flaw.   I find that I really like to have a hand controller and not having one is really inconvenient.     Maybe a future upgradable design update will remedy this.

Terri