Re: “Lost in Space” remote resume

Jim Fakatselis

Thanks for your response.

That is precisely what I tried to do. I did an All sky solve in Maxim but when I tried to sync it I had the prevent errant recals option checked and since it was so far off I just got an error.

When I unchecked the prevent errant recals it still did not re-establish pointing.

Ray Gralak suspects it may be because the counterweights were up. The only thing that seemed to work was that I had a webcam there and I tried to position as closely as I could to Park 3 via camera upon Ray’s advice. I then parked at current position, unparked from Park 3 and I could then sync. Ray did it !

My issue is that if I had no camera, there would seemed to have been no way to do re-establish proper pointing.

Would it be possible to patch APCC to allow it to sync with CW up if Prevent errant recalls is unchecked? (Provided that was the probable cause of not syncing) I know we seem to be identifying real corner cases.

Jim

Sent from Mail for Windows 10