Re: Yet Another M31: knocking the rust off in bortle 8

Dale Ghent

Thank you for all of the appreciation, everyone :) It's encouraging after a long break and means a lot.

/dale

On Nov 13, 2020, at 7:51 PM, Don Anderson via groups.io <jockey_ca=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:

Very well done Dale! You should be pleased with that one. Gives me incentive to try LRGB in my Bortle 8 skies!

Don Anderson

On Friday, November 13, 2020, 11:08:17 a.m. MST, Dale Ghent <daleg@elemental.org> wrote:

After a summer of little time for astrophotography and my main imaging rig undergoing a near total reconfiguration to accommodate a QHY600, I finally was able to get a few sessions in over the month of October and break in the new system. I haven't seriously imaged broadband before because I live under lusciously gray bortle 8 skies in the jet stream-inflicted mid-Atlantic, and escaping this atmospheric morass means a few hours' drive in any of the cardinal directions... so I've just kind of stuck to narrowband. I'm actually pretty happy with the outcome of this little project, my first Ha+LRGB. I've since fixed some spacing and tilt and am working on some more targets as weather allows.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/hrq1cy/0/

Details in the tech card, etc.

/dale