PEMPro Data gathering

Mike Shade

Have a few questions on best practices for PemPro data gathering.

1600GTO, early model (just had bearings replaced in RA/DEC gear boxes), Planewave CDK 17/unbinned image scale .631"/pixel/permanent setup

Is it best to gather data at 0 dec (about 55 degrees elevation), or higher (80 degrees) to minimize seeing effects?

If higher data gathering, calibrate here as well?

To minimize seeing effects, better to use a shorter exposure, say .25" and a longer delay between exposures, say 3" OR a longer exposure and longer delay (1" exposure/3" delay)?

When gathering data, I can watch the star in Maxim move quite a bit off of centroid in random directions.  Some is of course real PE, the rest noise.  I know the program can account for this to some extent, but this is a lot of noise and wonder if it is being represented in the final curve.

Generally get about 400 points for a PEC curve, more or less.

Thanks.

Mike J. Shade

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com