Re: Yet Another M31: knocking the rust off in bortle 8

Eduardo Oliveira

It came out really well!! Congrats!!

Eduardo Oliveira

Em sex., 13 de nov. de 2020 às 15:22, Karen Christen <karen@...> escreveu:

Being a fan of galaxy images, I always enjoy M31.  This is really pretty, Dale.  'Twas worth your effort.
Karen
AP

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dale Ghent
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 12:08 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Cc: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Yet Another M31: knocking the rust off in bortle 8

After a summer of little time for astrophotography and my main imaging rig undergoing a near total reconfiguration to accommodate a QHY600, I finally was able to get a few sessions in over the month of October and break in the new system. I haven't seriously imaged broadband before because I live under lusciously gray bortle 8 skies in the jet stream-inflicted mid-Atlantic, and escaping this atmospheric morass means a few hours' drive in any of the cardinal directions... so I've just kind of stuck to narrowband. I'm actually pretty happy with the outcome of this little project, my first Ha+LRGB. I've since fixed some spacing and tilt and am working on some more targets as weather allows.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/hrq1cy/0/

Details in the tech card, etc.

/dale

--