From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Valente
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 8:40 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Results of our AP1600ae unguided imaging

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share our latest results from using the our AP1600 with absolute encoders, doing unguided with
APCC/APPM model

This is from last night's run, we used 900second (15 minute) unguided exposures of NGC 1097 on CDK17, image
scale 0.63"

You can download the fits file here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa1eyz27qw7albf/NGC_1097_900sec_1x1_Lum.fit?dl=0

(image was calibrated and background gradient lightly processed, but otherwise unchanged)

jpg is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ye1nuro4qayv3hc/NGC_1097_900sec_1x1_Lum.jpg?dl=0

(same processing as above)

Overall I'm pretty happy with these results. We were admonished to use guiding from the start, but we had faith in
the AP hardware and the APCC software.

We rely on APCC and the APPM model builder. The model was approximately 180 points on each side, limiting it
to 35 degrees altitude.

Ray has done some great software improvements based on our results over the past year. We are at a very
demanding focal length for unguided @ 2930mm. He has been very responsive and helpful, as have all AP staff
we have worked with, including Roland.

We still have work to do in other parts, and we would like our keeper rate to be higher, but progress, not
perfection right?

--

Brian

Brian Valente