1100GTO upgraded with AE...

Khushrow Machhi

I have just upgraded my 1100GTO by adding the absolute encoders and last night I tested it out for the first time.  I ran a pointing model, a modest one to start, 33 points.  After this I had the tracking and pointing corrections on.  The tracking was decent but not what I expected.  My question is how do I tell that the encoders are working vs. the tracking improvement coming from the fact that I ran a model.  I would like to ascertain that the encoders are working and any thoughts on this would be helpful.
Thanks,
Khushrow