Re: Manage Cables Which Plate to Use for Top Mount Hardware?

Dale Ghent

On Nov 6, 2020, at 10:52 AM, Brian Valente <bvalente@gmail.com> wrote:

Dale

Just to clarify, you *did* switch to their stepper motor driver from the Optec?

I have the UPBv2 but i haven't used that part of it. i haven't even considered switching to that because - like you - i really like the Optec driver and it's been error-free performance for years
Yep, I did the switch. The FocusBoss controller, as nice as it is, is no longer used. The UPBv2 drives the HSM35 motor now using a cable I made based on the pinouts provided by Pegasus. It works like a champ. I did not use the thermal compensation feature of the FocsusBoss controller and its ASCOM driver. If you do, you would have to give that up to use the UPBv2 to drive the motor. Since I have NINA trigger an automatic autofocus operation if the HFR has trended more than 10% from the previous AF operation, I never had a use for the temperature compensation feature of the FocusBoss anyway.

/dale