Re: Manage Cables Which Plate to Use for Top Mount Hardware?

Terri Zittritsch

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 01:37 AM, Dale Ghent wrote:

This arrangement worked well, but I didn't particularly care for the mess and weight and cables between all those little boxes and wanted an even cleaner solution. So I got a Pegasus Ultimate Power Box v2 and collapsed all 5 of those boxes into a single box that's a quarter of the weight and far fewer cables. The USB3 data and 12V power go to it. It opened enough space on the top so that I could mount a 2nd OSC camera+lens for widefield shots of what the 130GTX is imaging.
Hi Dale, do you feel you've lost any functionality with the Pegasus?  I am forever looking for a better solution.

Hi Alex, I built up a aluminum plate with MDS dovetail connectors that I move from scope to scope, it's clean and contains power distribution, USB hub, dew control (dew buster) and focuser control(feathertouch) .. in all it weighs around 3 pounds.  I use the MDS because it's light and fits on the smallest scopes and what I use for my guide scope.    It's really not a lot of weight but I've put it to one side of the dovetail and it causes a bit of imbalance.  The mach2 handles this easily.       Thanks to Dale for pointer to printed stuff.    Can share a pic if interested.

Terri