Re: Manage Cables Which Plate to Use for Top Mount Hardware?

Bruce Donzanti

Hi Alex

I attached a Losmandy plate on top of my C11" where all of the equipment is on.  I have one cable running from the main power supply up through the 1100GTO to the OTA where a LINX Power Panel is attached that allows power to be made available for all of the accessories like my Kendrick dew heater, including to a USB hub.   The USB hub cable then runs back down the mount to my laptop.  So, complete cable management through the mount.  The scope is on a pier 8ft above the observatory floor and this setup has worked fine for 2 years.  I think this is what you are talking about.

Bruce

On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 3:36 PM <alex@...> wrote:
Hello,

I'm waiting to receive my 130GTX scope (Several weeks) and I currently own a 1100GTO mount. Once I receive my scope, my goal is to mount all of my hardware for connections on top of the OTA. Basically, run two wires (One power, one USB) up through the mount and then have all of my connections to cameras, focus controller, Kendrick dew heater, etc. managed through a powered USB hub and a RigRunner mounted on top of my OTA. My question to others who have setup their systems in such a fashion is; what plate did you use on top of your OTA to mount the hardware too? As a side note, I own a small Tormach CNC milling machine I can use to tap holes in the plate for mounting purposes. My thoughts were to use threaded connectors to attach the hardware to the plate if applicable?

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Alex