Re: IC1848 narrowband with HA contributed by an OSC camera

Joel Short

Thanks Lee and Cytan.  This is a standard Hubble palette with Ha mapped to green.   The Ha does come through best through the red bayer channel of the camera.  I simply split the OSC image into separate RGB channels and used the red channel as the Ha component of the image. Note that I used an 8nm Ha filter, a wider bandpass in part to compensate for the bayer matrix of the camera.
joel

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 8:57 PM Cheng-Yang Tan via groups.io <cytan299=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Joel,
   That's really interesting that you can use a Ha filter with an OSC. I assume the OSC sees the Ha as red in the OSC? What color do you map Ha to in your processing?

cytan
._,_._,_