Re: IC1848 narrowband with HA contributed by an OSC camera

Lee Dodge

Neat!

Lee

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 7:07 PM Joel Short <buckeyestargazer@...> wrote:
Last Spring I decided to buy my first OSC camera, an ASI2600MC.  I run a tandem refractor setup and the ASI2600MC gave me a comparable field of view with the the other refractor/camera.  While I appreciate narrowband imaging, my preference is for natural color images so getting an OSC made sense.  But I still wanted the ability to image in narrowband because, well, you guys know why.  I paired the ASI2600MC with a 7x36mm filter wheel and bought a Chroma 8nm Ha filter and the OSC/Ha combination worked great, better than I expected.
The 10 days surrounding the full moon in September had some of the clearest nights I've had in a while.  I think I had 8 out of 10 nights that were clear, so I got a lot of narrowband data with the bright moon.  First up is IC1848, the Soul Nebula.  This is over 31hrs of narrowband data.  Image and data:  https://buckeyestargazer.net/Pages/Nebulae/IC1848.php
joel