Re: Pier Crash - need help diagnosing #ASCOM_V2_Driver

Eric M

This is fantastic news, thank you!!!! This will serve as an excellent safety mechanism, I'm sure it will save many from pier crashes.

The caveats all sound reasonable for those of us without encoders, the mount can't possibly know if the real position is correct or not, that is entirely our responsibility. I'd imagine with a bad recal users will notice their slews are way off long before the safety limit comes into play.

A variable window for the limit would certainly add some flexibility for those who might have a wider diameter pier or filter wheels/imaging equipment that could collide before the 5 degree window is reached.

Very much looking forward to this feature, I appreciate the response.

Eric