Re: PHD2 Dec tracking goes runaway after Meridian Flip with Mach1

Roland Christen

I use MaximDL and I check the reverse on flip box. Maxim DL works thru the Ascom driver and thus knows when the mount is flipped to the other side. Therefore Maxim will actively change the guide commands accordingly. I don't know how PHD2 does things.

From: John Davis <johncdavis200@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Oct 19, 2020 10:20 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] PHD2 Dec tracking goes runaway after Meridian Flip with Mach1

Roland - can you answer definitively:  does the "Reverse Dec output after meridian flip" need to be checked or not checked?

I ask that because over on the PHD2 board, I have a guy telling me " The ASCOM driver for A-P mounts knows the 'side of pier' for the mount; so there is no need to check the reverse Dec box n PHD2"

And I have Michael Fulbright - a good friend and long time Mach1 owner telling me "if you uncheck the reverse dec box it will certainly not work"...

I'd put my money on Michael - but this is why I have come to the experts.

IF the box DOES need to be checked - are there any OTHER settings that I need in the AP ASCOM driver?

John