Re: Mach2 model building and pointing with Sequence Generator Pro

Ray Gralak

Steve,

Let me ask you and Ray, is it required to have current weather conditions always while running APPM for tracking
corrections of the AE to function well on the mach2? If so, that is a current problem for me as I do not always
have web connection where I image, nor a weather monitoring device. I suppose I could pick something up for
weather monitoring if anybody has a suggestion.
For the most accurate tracking rate correction, precise temperature, pressure, and humidity values should be supplied to the mount.

The most important value is the temperature, followed by the pressure value. Humidity has less of an effect.

If you don't have a weather input device, such as a THUM or MGBox V2, then you can manually enter the values on APCC's Pointing model tab. If you have an internet connection and there is an OpenWeather device near to you, you can use the ASCOM OpenWeather ObservingConditions driver to get temperature, pressure, and humidity from the OpenWeather device.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://www.astro-physics.com/apcc-pro
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://www.siriusimaging.com/apdriver

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Armen
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 10:52 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 model building and pointing with Sequence Generator Pro

Hi again Marcelo,

Let me ask you and Ray, is it required to have current weather conditions always while running APPM for tracking
corrections of the AE to function well on the mach2? If so, that is a current problem for me as I do not always
have web connection where I image, nor a weather monitoring device. I suppose I could pick something up for
weather monitoring if anybody has a suggestion.

thanks,
-Steve

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.