Re: Mach2 model building and pointing with Sequence Generator Pro

Ray Gralak

Steve,

Thanks for responding the for the suggestions. I have not used user profiles in the past, so that may be the SGP
issue. I will set one up. I do have the coordinates stored in the AP v2 ASCOM driver, using ASCOM platform 6.4
SP1 6.4.1.2695.
Okay, that's good. What kind of telescope are you using?

One thing I am wondering is, how does the mount ever get synchronized to the sky?
Using APPM is the most accurate way to synchronize the mount to the sky. As part of capturing sky data, APPM will synchronize the mount to the sky (a "RECAL").

Later, after a model is in use, the mount can be recalibrated using an ASCOM sync, but that assumes the calling program has accurately converted a plate solve's J2000 coordinates into the current epoch, and is accounting for refraction. Alternatively, using APPM's run tab is likely more accurate. APPM's "Run" tab, there are buttons that allow you to plate solve and/or RECAL the mount. The use of plate solving in APPM assumes it has been set up in APPM.

Can you also let me know where are the APPC logs stored?
You can use the APCC Log Zipper to find logs and to create a zipped file of the appropriate logs. You can run the Log Zipper utility from APCC's Tools menu.

Providing a dropbox link to the zipped set of the logs might be helpful. Please remember to indicate the calendar date and time, so we will know where to start looking in the log files.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro