Re: PHD2 Dec tracking goes runaway after Meridian Flip with Mach1

>>> I had no reason to think the existing mesh was bad, but there wasn't much else I could think to do.  The problem disappeared, and guiding on the west side was as good as on the east side.

this is most likely coincidence. If you do a meridian flip and the guiding "goes off" just reverse that checkbox.

John I see you already posted to PHD forums and I responded there as well

Brian

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 6:31 PM uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
That is definitely a wrong approach. If the mount runs away in Dec it's because the guide pulses are in the wrong direction and need to be reversed. It's fundamental Of course it will guide ok for a few seconds or even longer as long as no pulses are sent to Dec, but as soon as Dec receives any correction pulses, it will send the mount in the wrong direction and every pulse after that just adds to the error until it goes completely off the guide window. This is fundamental, guys!