Re: Park 4 or Park 5 using ASCOM V2 on AP900GTO #ASCOM_V2_Driver

Michael Freeberg <snopak@...>

I have a CP3 controller and I can go to Park 4.  I have upgraded my hand controller to the latest version and the ASCOM V2. Park 4 shows up in my hand controller and I use it to take my flats.

Mike

On Oct 15, 2020, at 6:33 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

The CP3 did not have Park4 and 5 available. Only 1, 2 and 3.

From: anismo@...
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Oct 15, 2020 5:35 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Park 4 or Park 5 using ASCOM V2 on AP900GTO #ASCOM_V2_Driver

Hi All,

I have been using my AP900GTO with CP3 (V chip) for few years. now and it has been very good. I always used Park 3 position and operated with just SGP and ASCOM driver (not APCC).

I am working on setting up in a remote observatory and I need to set the scope in Park 4 position (For roof park detection and operation). However, whenever I try to use Park 4 (or Park 5), the mount doesn't seem to the horizontal CW position . The RA just swing a small amount and the scope basically. wants to twist 180 degrees. But It goes to Park 3 correctly (Plate-solving etc are all working perfectly).
I have the pretty new  ASCOM V2 (may not be absolute latest but may. be a month old). I cant do user defined park position as well using just the ASCOM driver.

My question is: Do I need to get APCC to get this working properly? I do see park 4/5 as options in the ASCOM driver so I thought it should be working .

TIA and Regards
Anis