Re: Crayford style focuser for Vario-Finder 10x60 ; 61x250 f/4.1

zwo also sells a helical non-rotating focuser, I'm not sure if it meets your specs

I think i have one of those hutech helical focusers i'm not using if that's the path you choose

Brian

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 1:31 PM Robert Berta <biker123@...> wrote:
Huetech used to sell a nice helical focuser that didn't rotate the camera. You can lock down all of the adjustments with thumb screws so once locked down there is NO flexure or unwanted movement. I have had that setup (with a 50mm guide scope) since about 2005 and it works great with my 152mm and 80mm APO refractors. I have another 70mm guide scope with a longer focal length  and different focuser that I use with both the 152mm APO refractor and a 11" SCT. The trick is to eliminate ALL possible loose/soft connections....once you do you will get great guiding.

I don't have the part number of that Huetech focuser anymore so can't help there.

--
Brian

Brian Valente