Re: Mach2 Unguided imaging results from last night

Dean Jacobsen

That is about what I am doing with my all sky models Ray   - between 45 and 50 - with my short focal length setup and small pixel setup.  Most of my imaging is done at either 530 mm [~1.5 arc sec/pixel]  or at about 380 mm [`2.05 arc sec/pixel].

My images are only 240 sec. max though.

APPM plate solves using SGP and PS2 only take one or two seconds each.  Only occasionally do I run into a long solve and it is a rare occasion that I get a failed solve.  So APPM runs pretty fast on my laptop.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/