Re: Pier Crash - need help diagnosing #ASCOM_V2_Driver

Konstantin von Poschinger

Hi Joel,

is there a log file in SGP. There it will be documented.

Konstantin

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171 1983476

Am 07.10.2020 um 00:37 schrieb Joel Short <buckeyestargazer@...>:

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 05:13 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> wrote:
Ray Gralack looked at your ASCOM log and discovered that the mount was sent a sync to a negative Dec number (-55 Dec instead of +55). Doing so caused the scope to subsequently dive under the mount when the park command was sent.
Thanks Ray and Roland.  The target (Sh2-132) has a Dec of +55.  My guess is that after the guide star was lost and then 45min later re-acquired, SGP tried to plate solve and re-center on the target.  But for some reason issued a -55 Dec instead of +55.  This is well beyond my understanding of why that would have happened.
joel