Re: Pier Crash - need help diagnosing #ASCOM_V2_Driver

Roland Christen

If the second object was almost but not quite at the meridian, the mount would have acquired it with scope on the west side, then continued tracking until the scope was under the mount. That's assuming no further flip command was sent. It would explain the position of the scopes in the morning.

From: Joel Short <buckeyestargazer@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Oct 6, 2020 3:54 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Pier Crash - need help diagnosing #ASCOM_V2_Driver

Please send me your ASCOM log file from last night.  I'm going to make an educated guess here:  Do you use Park 2 as your park position?
The ASCOM log was linked to in the original post, but here it is again:  ASCOM LOG.
Actually I use Park 5.

Whatever happened, the mount did a meridian flip back again into a counterweight up position. The driver log should show what happened.
Interesting.  I did have another target that was supposed to begin at 02:00, but I thought the imaging sequence ended around 00:35 with an abort.  Perhaps that flip tried to happen again at 02:00.
joel