From: Joel Short <buckeyestargazer@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Oct 6, 2020 3:21 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Pier Crash - need help diagnosing #ASCOM_V2_Driver

It looks like the pier flip did not occur and the mount continued with counterweight up position. It's possible that the program that sent the pier flip command did not actually send it to the driver, or the driver did not receive it. You should check the driver log at the time you think the flip command was sent and see if it was received.
The pier flip definitely happened.  Images before and after are flipped.  I suck at reading logs.  According to the SGP log the meridian flip was called for at 22:08:03  (about 1min after the target crossed).  I tried looking at the ASCOM  driver log at that time but I don't know what I'm looking for and didn't see anything obvious one way or the other.

The CP4 has the ability to have limits set without using APCC.
Good to know.  I'll have to figure out how to do that.  With the understand that I generally do not track past the meridian but do a flip within 30min past, do you have a recommendation for what values to set for limits?

Thanks again Roland, I always appreciate knowing that the owner is active on this forum and willing to share your wealth of knowledge.
joel