From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dale Ghent
Sent: Sunday, October 4, 2020 12:34 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] AAPC and SkyX Not Fully Communicating with Each Other #APCC

As another data point in this vein, we set NINA to poll drivers every 2 seconds by default. We found that some
older hardware and/or their drivers have a tough time dealing with more frequent polling; perhaps because the
serial commands being emitted by the device's ASCOM driver take some time for the equipment's own processor
to render a response and the ASCOM driver does not cache responses from the equipment.

/dale

On Oct 4, 2020, at 12:19 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@aol.com> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io>
wrote:

Thanks. I had it set to 500msec but will set it to 2 seconds and see if that makes a difference.

Roland