Re: Mach1 play in RA Axis - did not adjust out with Gear Mesh adjustment

John Davis

Thanks for that detailed description - I found the parts as described, and when I moved the counterweight shaft, I could not see or feel any movement of the silver shaft.  The counterweight arm does still move just as before.

So my ultimate question: is it a problem that the cw shaft moves the amount shown in the video clip (attached to the first post) when the worm is engaged - with or without the clutch engaged?  I was just trying to determine that first - and then if so - how to adjust it out.  Sounds like I've reached the end of the line as far as finding the source of the play.

I'm planning to continue setting the mount up - and getting ready to take it out to the field - then I suppose I'll see if this is an issue or not when imaging.  I was just hoping to remove any source of problems in the field before I go out.

thanks,
John