From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of drgert1 via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2020 3:12 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] AP Driver fails on serial port after PC repair

Hi Ray,

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 11:40 AM, Ray Gralak wrote:

The weakest link in your setup is going to be the USB/serial converter. They are only as reliable as the driver
and the components of the converter.

Agreed. Long time ago the 'word on the street' was to avoid adapters with 'Prolific' chipset and use those from FTDI.
The way I see it even today these two are the dominant manufacturers of USB / serial chipset and the parts we're
buying on Amazon are all pretty generic enclosures for either of those chips. I've been going with FTDI for ages
now and have never seen an issue. Thus I'll stay with it.

As per the prev question. Is it possible to run bench tests with the AP driver and the the GTOCP3 on a bench? What
tests can I do that way?

As always, thank you for your excellent work and support.

Cheers,
Gert