Re: 900 Clutch Plug Help

Sean Curry

Hi Bob,

I did this a few years back with my AP900 - all the clutch plugs were stuck and I disassembled it to remove them. I can't remember the exact process, but putting it back together wasn't too difficult - you shouldn't need to send it back to AP. If I remember correctly, George at AP sent me some helpful instructions, which I can't seem to find right now. One piece of advice he gave me was to keep all the Delrin rollers in a box so that the cat didn't start playing with them!

Maybe contact George and get his advice.

Sean

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 1:42 PM rrumfield via groups.io <rrumfield=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

After sometime off from using my 900GTO mount, I realized I needed to replace the clutch plugs on the right ascension unit.  I ordered the removal tool and new plugs.  The first plug removal was a learning experience and didn’t get totally removed, the other three were no problem.  I started to disassemble the R.A unit to get the first plug out.  I didn’t realize it was filled with plastic rollers.  At present I have been able to re-assemble it with two rows of rollers and a center axis that just doesn’t seem to now fit into the RA head properly.  Does anyone have the procedure to re-assemble the unit?  Should I send all back to Astro-Physics at this point?

Help,
Bob