locked Re: #APCC APCC/APPM blocking issue with AP1100GTOAE #APCC


Bill Long
 

Using fake images isnt a way to test that. I am all for rigor in testing. I have written 3 whitepapers on: Change Protocol in the SRE Era, Postmortems in a Blameless Culture, and Managing Problems in the New Age. None of which, unfotunately, are declassified yet. 



From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak <groups3@...>
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2020 8:12 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] #APCC APCC/APPM blocking issue with AP1100GTOAE
 
Hi Bill,

> I opened them, they are fake images with trashed FITS headers that are barely even passable. Why would I care if
> fake images solve? I dont take fake images. I take real ones.

What exactly is wrong with the headers? ASTAP can load the file, read the approximate RA/Dec coordinates, display the 16-bit image
(albeit vertically flipped), show the image dimensions, and yet it doesn't seem to be able to solve the image??

I agree that PinPoint is outdated and slow, but it does solve the image in less than a couple of seconds. So do PlateSolve2 and
SkyX.

I am for including ASTAP as an option in APPM, but I need to perform due diligence to make sure it is robust and accurate. If not,
that could lead to lead to support issues, including trying to potentially resolve inaccurate pointing and tracking rates.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.astro-physics.com%2Fapcc-pro&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Ccf2b7673e0444f05dd5408d86293257a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637367731407891353&amp;sdata=WFMzq4xCpU1NhD%2FVdQGZaqnWwKSBh%2Ft%2B3h%2BZbIPKKJo%3D&amp;reserved=0
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.siriusimaging.com%2Fapdriver&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Ccf2b7673e0444f05dd5408d86293257a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637367731407891353&amp;sdata=FyDvDsZSEhvMwSFzTce60vyP7DNgncXQkDmMnbn31bc%3D&amp;reserved=0


> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Long
> Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2020 7:58 PM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] #APCC APCC/APPM blocking issue with AP1100GTOAE
>
> I opened them, they are fake images with trashed FITS headers that are barely even passable. Why would I care if
> fake images solve? I dont take fake images. I take real ones.
>
> Here, try a real image: HIP_100453_LIGHT_HA_900s_BIN1_-25C_002_20190429_025821_765_W.FIT
> <https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2F1drv.ms%2Fu%2Fs!AtqRof7LftCbg6l00m9R-xX-ZWcK1Q%3Fe%3Dkzocfw&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Ccf2b7673e0444f05dd5408d86293257a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637367731407891353&amp;sdata=ZVzyRSxnM%2Frd8FxxdDT%2BXFLcrvuZ1nq9rw2doWwLtZw%3D&amp;reserved=0>
> ________________________________
>
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak <groups3@...>
> Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2020 7:54 PM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] #APCC APCC/APPM blocking issue with AP1100GTOAE
>
> Is anyone else having trouble opening the FITS images at this link?
>
> https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fsh%2Fqlp1qgtaptccy
> u4%2FAADaSEl7EE0z1VO298pFGs2Ea%3Fdl%3D0&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C849e235e444245eb991c08d86
> 290a319%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637367720627761088&amp;sdata=K2mICjIW2r
> y8cprmXlI65ZHEOCpNTkSNUSYCQYZhy4A%3D&amp;reserved=0
>
> -Ray Gralak
> Author of PEMPro
> Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center):
> https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.astro-physics.com%2Fapcc-
> pro&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C849e235e444245eb991c08d86290a319%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaa
> a%7C1%7C0%7C637367720627766049&amp;sdata=mmwb4Io7Yf%2BcG2oIhqZYOs0WdDZyoBpSNermMzgrvcc
> %3D&amp;reserved=0 <https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.astro-
> physics.com%2Fapcc-
> pro&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C849e235e444245eb991c08d86290a319%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaa
> a%7C1%7C0%7C637367720627766049&amp;sdata=mmwb4Io7Yf%2BcG2oIhqZYOs0WdDZyoBpSNermMzgrvcc
> %3D&amp;reserved=0>
> Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver:
> https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.siriusimaging.com%2Fapdriver&amp;d
> ata=02%7C01%7C%7C849e235e444245eb991c08d86290a319%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7
> C0%7C637367720627766049&amp;sdata=nlGKYw54PlCNvYTvv9GkSE37xvex8J9GfT5wZhnlE3A%3D&amp;reser
> ved=0
> <https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.siriusimaging.com%2Fapdriver&amp;
> data=02%7C01%7C%7C849e235e444245eb991c08d86290a319%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7
> C0%7C637367720627766049&amp;sdata=nlGKYw54PlCNvYTvv9GkSE37xvex8J9GfT5wZhnlE3A%3D&amp;reser
> ved=0>
>
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Worsel via groups.io
> > Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2020 7:17 PM
> > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] #APCC APCC/APPM blocking issue with AP1100GTOAE
> >
> > That's very weird...
> >
> > See attached ASTAP screenshot
> >
> > Bryan
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>






Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.