locked Re: #APCC APCC/APPM blocking issue with AP1100GTOAE #APCC

Ray Gralak

Hi Dale,

Conversely, a $1500 suite
Please, let's not spread disinformation! Brian's post has a typo.

APCC Pro does not cost $1500. The full price is $500 (actually, $499).

And it is free with the new purchase of 1100GTO-AE, 1100GTO-AEL, 1600GTO-AE, 1600GTO-AEL or Mach2GTO

Lastly, I think there is a 30% discount in the first 45 days after purchasing a new mount or GTOCP4 (but please check the website to
confirm that!)

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://www.astro-physics.com/apcc-pro
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://www.siriusimaging.com/apdriver

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dale Ghent
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2020 7:54 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] #APCC APCC/APPM blocking issue with AP1100GTOAE

On Sep 26, 2020, at 10:20 PM, Brian Valente <bvalente@gmail.com> wrote:

My AP mount (and presumably yours) cost untold thousands of dollars (worth it),

Filters, camera etc. telescope are probably equivalent but likely more.

APCC costs about 1500 full price(?)

and you want to quibble about $150 for a plate solving solution that makes your pointing and tracking significantly
improved?

This totally mystifies me.

APCC Pro and pinpoint to me are the biggest no-brainer decision. It's one of the smallest expenses in this whole
setup. it's probably less than just the tax we paid for the camera!

Fine, would you quibble about me asking you to send me $150 plus yearly sub costs since, apparently, it means
nothing to you? Are you really that full of yourself? I have no idea why you would be resistant to this want because
it wouldn't affect you anyway; or is being this kind of person is just how you roll?

Conversely, a $1500 suite should not require another $XXX (yearly recurring) dollars of 3rd party /middleware/ in
order to just execute a core function. I mean, we're not even using SGPro (or TSX for that matter) for other
purposes that are unique to those programs - they're just surrogates for running a plate solver... plate solvers that
APPM can do just as well running directly and cut out the extra indirection.

/dale

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.