locked Re: #APCC APCC/APPM blocking issue with AP1100GTOAE #APCC

I see we agree on many other things ;)

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 7:35 PM Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:
Pinpoint is not a requirement to get that benefit. That is my whole point here. APCC Pro is excellent and well worth the money. I have said that here, on CN, and anywhere else I can! ūüôā¬†

PEMPro is another example of excellent software that is well worth the price for it. PEMPro is $150 and PinPoint is $150. One of them is priceless for PE correction, Polar Alignment, assessing backlash, etc. The other is so dated that it misses the mark on value because its magic is obsolete and well-reproduced by the community and even bested by the community.

I would dig my talons into ACP on this thread, but that would be off-topic. I will say thats another ancient pile of scripts (from the same dev) that has its days numbered by the community.

-Bill

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Brian Valente <bvalente@...>
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2020 7:30 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] #APCC APCC/APPM blocking issue with AP1100GTOAE

>>> Pinpoint for me is a no-brainer to NOT purchase.

fair enough, everyone has their own view of things

And I generally agree, pinpoint compared to other solutions does seem a bit outdated on a number of fronts.

But I bought Pinpoint and I'm really enjoying the benefits of APCC/APPM right now, particularly doing unguided exposures on the CDK17, which wouldn't be possible otherwise.

If APCC supports ASTAP in the future (or whatever else) and does an equally good job, I'll revisit it then.

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 7:25 PM Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:
APCC is $500. That is well worth the price of admission as it is a very well featured piece of software that extends the experience with the product greatly.

PinPoint is ancient old tech that has no place in its asking price at all. No one in the modern world with a clue would spend $150 for software that does nothing other than Platesolve. That might have been cool interesting stuff 15 years ago, but that was then, this is now, and its a waste.

The value prop I get from my mount does not change at all either way. Pinpoint for me is a no-brainer to NOT purchase. I am also 41 and work in technology, so perhaps that skews my view of this situation for folks that may be in later stages of life.