From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of John A. Sillasen
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 9:39 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] APCC, ASTAp, SPG & Astrometry.net #APCC

Strictly opinion gathering post. I've not used a Plate Solving tool, or an automation tool for that matter. I have APCC
Standard Edition since its initial release in fact. Can't say I've used it other that to see that it works.

Can a Plate Solve tool like ASTAP or Astrometry.net be of any use for increased pointing or tracking ability by itself
or in conjunction with APCC Standard?

As APPM is part of APCC Pro, is Plate Solving needed?

Better than wool gathering, I'm information and opinion gathering.

Thank you for your thoughts,

John Sillasen