locked Re: #APCC APCC/APPM blocking issue with AP1100GTOAE #APCC

Worsel

FYI

I used astrometry.net for APPM plate-solves (via SGP).  If it fails, it is usually near my horizon limits, where there may be trees partially blocking the frame.  APPM moves on to the next location in the model and solves fine.  The overall model (PNT) is fine.

I use a local version of astrometry.net, which reduces solve times from minutes to seconds, since the solve is not competing with other submissions.  Also, if you happen to setup at a remote site with no Internet access, then a local install is the only feasible approach for any plate solver.

Bryan