From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael 'Mikey' Mangieri
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 6:11 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Strange behavior doing center here SGP and APCC/Meridian Zones #APCC

I've been having a strange problem when using the meridian limits and trying to plate solve on an object. I am using
SGP, Stellarium and Stellarium Scope to pick and goto objects. I have horizon points set and meridian safe zones
set in APCC. I slew to a location in the east. The scope identifies the location as being a safe location and slews
with CW up. So far so good. Now, after taking a frame and focus I see that the object is not centered. To rectify, I
use the SGP 'center here' function (which has always worked for me). When I do, the mount flips the OTA to the
other side of the pier. Once there, it does a plate solve, and when it fails (usually does the first time after a flip) the
scope is flipped again back to the CW up position. This pendulum action continues until I manually stop the mount.
This only happens when my initial starting location is close to a safe zone boundary or near the meridian. I've
successfully been able to start CW up in other cases.