Re: Problem with PEMPRO polar alignment

>>> They plate solve standalone, 

i should clarify, they all need you to do a separate download and install of a reference star database. THEN it's standalone :)

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 5:30 PM Brian Valente via groups.io <bvalente=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
They plate solve standalone, 

If you need to sync the mount coordinates, you will also need a compatible imaging program to do that. (for example ASTAP lists CCDCiel, NINA, APT or SGP). The imaging program coordinates the plate solve and mount sync

APCC/APPM has a plate solve and sync function as well, which uses Pinpoint, SGP, maybe others (sorry, you probably already know this :) ) 

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 3:16 PM uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Astro tortilla is about as simple as it gets

ASTAP is another one
Thank you. Does it require any other software to work?

Roland

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Sep 21, 2020 3:26 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Problem with PEMPRO polar alignment

Astro tortilla is about as simple as it gets

ASTAP is another one

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 1:24 PM uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

CCD Commander. 
Is there a simple stand-alone plate solve program that can be used by a casual imager who just wants to center an object (without all the other goodies that CCD Commander has)?

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
From: CurtisC via groups.io <calypte=verizon.net@groups.io>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Sep 21, 2020 12:13 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Problem with PEMPRO polar alignment

Interesting!  I didn't know PEMPro could select a star.  I've always used TSX to identify suitable mag 6-8 stars near the meridian and equator, then I do a go-to and plate-solve in CCD Commander. 

I learn something new every day!

--
Brian 

Brian Valente

--
Brian 

Brian Valente

--
Brian 

Brian Valente

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.