Re: Takes hours for me to polar align with PemPro...Suggestions for my AP600e?

Cheng-Yang Tan

I should really read the title and the body of the message ... :) For whatever reason, my brain froze and I was thinking Rolando was following up on my PEC measurement query.

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 10:47:16 AM CDT, Cheng-Yang Tan via groups.io <cytan299@...> wrote:

Hi Rolando,
  I'll keep and eyeball on that. There's not much to do on a Moonless, hazy night but to do PEC measurements. Another reason, I'm looking forward to my Mach2 so that I don't need to do this exercise.

cytan

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 10:35:18 AM CDT, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

One thing that can cause a problem with the centroid measurement is an out-of-focus star. If the star has a comatic tail or is somewhat oval then the centroid will wander around with poor seeing. I have seen this many times.